Rather than creating a fatty lime sauce, this modified recipe coats the scallops in honey and lime juice and gently broils them.
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 pound bay or sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat the broiler. Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source. Cover a broiler pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray generously with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice and oil. Add the scallops and toss gently to coat with the honey mixture.
Arrange the scallops in a single layer on the prepared broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil until opaque throughout when tested with a tip of a knife, about 5 minutes. Turn the scallops over and broil for another minute.
Divide the scallops onto 4 warmed plates. Pour any juices from the broiler pan or baking sheet over the scallops. Sprinkle with grated lime peel and serve with a lime wedge.
Nutritional Analysis(per serving)
Calories : 199
Cholesterol : 37 mg
Protein : 19 g
Sodium : 184 mg
Carbohydrate : 22 g
Fiber : 1 g
Total fat : 4 g
Potassium : 404 mg
Saturated fat : 1 g
Calcium : 32 mg
Monounsaturated fat : 3 g
Broiled Scallops with Sweet Lime Sauce Recipe by mayoclinic
Monday, August 20, 2007
- Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
- Grilled Golden Trout with Spicy Thai Tamarind Sauc...
- Broiled Scallops with Sweet Lime Sauce Recipe
- Asian Noodles with Shrimp Recipe
- Pork Medallions with Herbes de Provence Recipe
- Mocha Chip Muffins Recipe
- Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
- Beef Stew with Fennel and Shallots Recipe
- Roasted Rack of Lamb Recipe
- ▼ August (9)