Crockpot Swedish Meatball Picture
Crockpot Swedish Meatball
A crockpot Swedish meatballs are a dish that would only improve by marinating all day long. I came up with this, and although you can use frozen meatballs to make the super quick and easy version, I've included a very tasty recipe for homemade meatballs as well.
SERVES 12 , 60 meatballs
4 slices white bread, finely chopped
2 lbs lean ground beef
4 egg yolks
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1.In bowl, combine bread with 1/2 cup water; let stand until absorbed (about 2 minutes).
2.Stir in beef, yolks, 2 tablespoons parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
3.With wet hands roll heaping tablespoonfuls of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
4.Place in crock pot.
5.In bowl, mix together soup and flour; pour over meatballs.
6.Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours); stir.
7.Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce.
8.Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.
Crockpot Swedish Meatball Recipe by http://www.natalies-recipes.com/ & http://www.recipezaar.com/
Best Link http://astore.amazon.com/cheap.apple.mac.laptops-20 The Apple MacBook is user-friendly and portable. When playing around with it for a bit, the space bar started sticking. After several days of this, we took it to the nearest Apple store to have it looked at. We were most pleasantly surprised at Apple's excellent service. They swapped and gave us another laptop.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Crockpot Swedish Meatball Picture
Monday, June 9, 2008
Brunch Cinnamon Coffee Cake by bigoven.com
Brunch Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Serves/Makes : 12
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Beat in sour cream. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add to mixture and beat well. Pour into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
Combine brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle over batter. Cover and chill overnight. Uncover and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Brunch Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe by cdkitchen.com
Orange Braised Lamb Shanks Pictire by howstuffworks.com
Orange Braised Lamb Shanks
4 lamb shanks
1 carrot, diced finely
1 medium onion, diced finely
2 celery sticks, diced finely
30-45ml/2-3 tbsp olive oil
few sprigs fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
2 garlic loves, finely chopped
2 oranges, juice and finely grated zest (no pith)
1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest (no pith)
4 tbsp sieved roasted tomatoes (or 1 tbsp concentrated tomato purée)
½ bottle white wine
250ml/8½fl oz lamb stock (or water)
salt and pepper
fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a suitable casserole dish, sweat the diced vegetables in some of the olive oil without browning until tender.
2. Add the thyme, bay leaves, garlic, tomato, wine and lamb stock or water, along with most of the orange zest and juice (retain a few pinches of zest and 1 tbsp of juice). Bring to the boil and lower to a gentle simmer.
3. Heat a little more olive oil in a separate pan and brown the lamb shanks on all sides, seasoning with a little salt and pepper as you go.
4. Transfer to the casserole dish and cover with its lid. Cook in a preheated slow-moderate oven (about 150C/300F/Gas 2) until the meat is completely tender and coming off the bone.
5. Remove the shanks from the pan and keep warm while you finish the sauce. Skim off some of the fat that is floating on it. Taste for seasoning and to assess its intensity. Boil to reduce if you think it needs it.
6. Stir in the reserved juice to refresh the citrus flavour.
7. Serve one lamb shank on each warmed plate with a generous amount of sauce spooned over. Sprinkle each shank with a little parsley and a pinch of the reserved zest.
Orange Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- ▼ June (3)