Do you ever remember sitting at the dinner table finishing every morsel of food on your plate and awaiting the best part of the meal? For many, if not all children the best part of a meal is always dessert. Nothing can be more rewarding than getting a slice of your favorite cake or a dish of ice cream. The only problem is that as more and more parents become concerned with the health of their children dessert can be more of an issue. Serving your child with something that is sugary or filled with unnecessary calories can be something that you would want to skip. Here are some easy and healthy dessert recipes for kids:
Easy Graham Cracker Cake
1 box graham crackers
Fresh mango slices
1 can cream
1can condensed milk
1. Mix the cream and condensed milk in a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
2. Line a pan or plastic container with your graham crackers, making sure that everything is even.
3. Spread some of the cream mixture on top of your graham crackers.
4. Put some of the mango slices on top of the cream.
5. Repeat the steps as desired or until you have two or three layers.
6. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve
1 regular package instant unflavored Jello
Fresh fruit pieces
Whipped cream (optional)
1. Cook Jello according to package directions, substituting fruit juice for water.
2. Add chopped fruit pieces to Jello when it is done cooking.
3. Pour into individual bowls and chill.
4. When ready to serve put Jello bowls into individual platters and top with whipped cream.
3 Medium sized apples cored and cut in half
6 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup granola
1. Mix the butter and brown sugar together in a bowl.
2. Put sliced apples into a baking pan and spread the butter and sugar mixture on top
3. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until apples are done.
4. Cool the apples and top with cream and granola
Having a healthy meal does not necessarily have to mean depriving your child of some good old dessert. Every kid deserves a good memory of what it is like to sit and wait in anticipation of what dessert will be. So go ahead and serve your child some of these easy and healthy dessert recipes and watch them enjoy it.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tracee_Bergmann
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- ▼ July (6)