3 tablespoons of red or yellow miso
1 and 1/2 cups of water
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons of unbleached flour
2 teaspoons of minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
In a medium-sized pan, bring olive oil to medium heat, then add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until onion is tender and translucent.
Reduce heat to low setting and add flour and nutritional yeast. Stir steadily for 1-2 minutes.
Add water in a slow drizzle while stirring briskly. Bring heat up to medium setting and continue to stir regularly for about 10 minutes, or until gravy begins to thicken.
Once the gravy has just started to thicken, reduce heat to medium-low setting and add miso and basil. Keep the pan uncovered and stir occasionally. It typically takes about 15 minutes for the gravy to fully thicken and become smooth.
Healthy Miso Gravy Recipe by drbenkim
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
- Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Potato Latkes Recipe
- Scrunchy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Miso Gravy Recipe
- Recipe: Mussels mariniere
- Recipe:Stuffed eggplant
- Recipe-French Toast
- Recipe-Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
- Recipe-Mango Pork Chops
- Valentine Recipe:Cupid's Best Brownies
- Valentine Recipe:Strawberry Pudding
- Valentine Recipe:Shortbread Hearts
- Valentine Recipe:Raspberry Chocolate Heart
- Khao Pad (Thai Fried Rice) Recipe
- Basic Omelet Recipe
- Mini-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe
- Recipe:Spicy Steak Fajitas
- Recipe:Maple Salmon
- Recipe: Black bean burgers with chipotle ketchup
- Recipe: Chinese fried rice
- Crockpot tips - crockpot buying tips
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salad Recip...
- ▼ February (22)