Treat the sweethearts in your life by gifting them with these big red edible hearts. They'll love you for it!
Yield: 2 hearts (6 to 8 servings each)
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon red food color
2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup white baking chips
1 teaspoon shortening
Small candy hearts, if desired
Heat oven to 350 F. Beat butter, powdered sugar, almond extract and food color in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour and almonds.
Divide dough in half; cover half and set aside. Place remaining half on ungreased cookie sheet; press into heart shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheet 25 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to serving platter. Repeat with remaining dough.
Place baking chips and shortening in microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium-High (70%) about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over shortbread. Sprinkle with candy hearts if desired.
Variation:Make Shortbread Lips! Press half of dough into oval shape, about 1/4 inch thick, on ungreased cookie sheet. Shape each end to form point. Press center of oval to form lips.
Valentine Recipe by pastrywiz
Sunday, February 11, 2007
- Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Potato Latkes Recipe
- Scrunchy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Miso Gravy Recipe
- Recipe: Mussels mariniere
- Recipe:Stuffed eggplant
- Recipe-French Toast
- Recipe-Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
- Recipe-Mango Pork Chops
- Valentine Recipe:Cupid's Best Brownies
- Valentine Recipe:Strawberry Pudding
- Valentine Recipe:Shortbread Hearts
- Valentine Recipe:Raspberry Chocolate Heart
- Khao Pad (Thai Fried Rice) Recipe
- Basic Omelet Recipe
- Mini-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe
- Recipe:Spicy Steak Fajitas
- Recipe:Maple Salmon
- Recipe: Black bean burgers with chipotle ketchup
- Recipe: Chinese fried rice
- Crockpot tips - crockpot buying tips
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salad Recip...
- ▼ February (22)