Mango and grilled pork compliment each other nicely, and this dish offers mango two ways: fresh juicy slices (grilled or not, as preferred) and a sweet and savory salsa-type sauce.
4 pork chops
1 large mango, divided
1 small onion
1/2 cup raisins, preferably golden raisins
2 cloves garlic, or more to taste
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Peel the mango and then slice half and dice the other half. Set the slices aside. Chop onion and garlic.
Mix diced mango, onion, raisins, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and water in a saucepan. Simmer until onions are soft and mixture is thick, but not dry, about 10 minutes. Add a little more water, if necessary. Set aside (this can be prepared ahead, if desired).
Preheat the grill. Trim excess fat from the chops. Lightly salt and pepper each side and grill to desired doneness. Briefly grill the mango slices, if desired. (They are good either grilled or not).
Serve chops with sauce spooned over and around them with slices on top.
Recipe-Mango Pork Chops by recipetips
Thursday, February 15, 2007
- Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Potato Latkes Recipe
- Scrunchy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Miso Gravy Recipe
- Recipe: Mussels mariniere
- Recipe:Stuffed eggplant
- Recipe-French Toast
- Recipe-Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
- Recipe-Mango Pork Chops
- Valentine Recipe:Cupid's Best Brownies
- Valentine Recipe:Strawberry Pudding
- Valentine Recipe:Shortbread Hearts
- Valentine Recipe:Raspberry Chocolate Heart
- Khao Pad (Thai Fried Rice) Recipe
- Basic Omelet Recipe
- Mini-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe
- Recipe:Spicy Steak Fajitas
- Recipe:Maple Salmon
- Recipe: Black bean burgers with chipotle ketchup
- Recipe: Chinese fried rice
- Crockpot tips - crockpot buying tips
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salad Recip...
- ▼ February (22)