2 cups peeled and shredded Russet potatoes, firmly packed (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup grated or finely chopped onion
1 large egg
6 tablespoons egg substitute
2-3 tablespoons low sodium matzo meal (a little less than 1 matzo, processed into fine crumbs)
1 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 teaspoons canola oil
Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth or double thickness of paper towels and wring to extract as much water out of the potatoes as possible.
In medium bowl, stir the potatoes, onion, egg, egg substitute, and matzo meal and salt together well.
In a large, heavy-bottomed, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Make sure the oil is spread evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Place 1/4 cup (level measure) of potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties. Spray tops with canola cooking spray. Brown on one side about 3 minutes, turn over and brown the other side (about 3 minutes).
Serve these hot with applesauce, fat-free or light sour cream, and chopped green onions.
Potato Latkes Recipe by webmd
Saturday, February 24, 2007
- Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Potato Latkes Recipe
- Scrunchy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Miso Gravy Recipe
- Recipe: Mussels mariniere
- Recipe:Stuffed eggplant
- Recipe-French Toast
- Recipe-Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
- Recipe-Mango Pork Chops
- Valentine Recipe:Cupid's Best Brownies
- Valentine Recipe:Strawberry Pudding
- Valentine Recipe:Shortbread Hearts
- Valentine Recipe:Raspberry Chocolate Heart
- Khao Pad (Thai Fried Rice) Recipe
- Basic Omelet Recipe
- Mini-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe
- Recipe:Spicy Steak Fajitas
- Recipe:Maple Salmon
- Recipe: Black bean burgers with chipotle ketchup
- Recipe: Chinese fried rice
- Crockpot tips - crockpot buying tips
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salad Recip...
- ▼ February (22)